Yup . . . I'm back. I started thinking about all those projects and things I'd made for weddings, peers, and stuff and thought I'd share. After all, that's what this blog is about, right?
Anyway, when I finally got my own craft room, I decided that I wanted a way to keep dust out of a few of my prized crafting/sewing tools. I had no pattern - just measured, cut, and stitched these up. Then I took them to a local print and embroidery shop (Who Dey) for the embroidery.
On the right, I have a pocket for bias tape or whatever is in a fairly wide package. On the left, I have a set of double pockets (taller) that are used to house my pinking shears and fabric scissors. If you can tell, my pinking shears have a green handle to match the cover (love it!)
Anyway, the back right corner is finished, but not seamed. I did that to allow the power cord freedom to come out from my machine without having to fold it and risk it coming unplugged.
I used brown bias tape to finish all the edges and the embroidery is in dark brown also. While I'm not really the "matchy-matchy" kind of person, I do like the cohesiveness of the look. It brings all the other covers into alignment and makes my craft space a bit more organized feeling. Notice I said "feeling". lol
I'll try to be back in the next week or so with another picture of the "organization" in my craft room. Until then, I'll be around . . .
30% off Cricut Mats and Blades AND MORE!
1 day ago