I can't express how excited I am that you found this site, this place - my place.
I hope you get a bit of enjoyment and a smile comes to your face when you read my posts and look at my work. Enjoy -

Friday, February 24, 2012

Once again, it's about the scraps . . .

I thought I'd share a baby shower card I made for a friend of my daughter.  If you look closely, you'll notice a bit of sheen on the embellishment (baby bottle).  I tried something new . . . I sprayed the embellishment with polyurethane.  I thought I'd try to add some sheen, but it may have backfired.

Anyway, I'm sharing it so you can see the effects.  By the way, before anyone asks, I sprayed it it separately from the card.  In other words, it was not on the card when I sprayed it.  It was hard to get a good angle, but I'm showing it in two different views.

WARNING . . . I'm really into using up my scraps.  I have so many parts and pieces of beautiful papers that I feel the need to use them up.




Recipe:
*premade A2 card and envelope in offwhite
*once again, scrap paper in pink gingham, light pink, dark pink, pink polka dot, light tan, and light green (gotta love it!)
*green ribbon with pink polka dots from Hobby Lobby
*EK success border punch
*CTMH stamp pad in New England Ivy
*CTMH stamp pad in Watermelon for the inking around the edges
*sentiment stamp from My Creative Time (love it!)
*light pink and kiwi green stickles


I cut the baby bottle at 3 inches from the Baby Steps Cricut cartridge.  I cut the little flower on the front of the bottle twice because the cut was with the bottle ring and I wanted it in different colors.  Because I cut it twice, I had extra cuts that just HAD to be used.  Know what I mean??? 

Okay, so I used the extra cuts to make the little tulip that graces the inside of the card.  Isn't it cute?

Anyway . . . that's it.  I'm off to help my daughter with this baby shower.  I'll try to take pictures of some of the other decorations I made and show in another post.  Gotta love it!

Thanks for looking . . . and in the infamous words of a former governor, "I'll be back!"  teehee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I deeply appreciate your comments. Your comment will be posted after approval to cut down on spammers.