I can't express how excited I am that you found this site, this place - my place.
I hope you get a bit of enjoyment and a smile comes to your face when you read my posts and look at my work. Enjoy -

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm back . . . . . . .

Yup . . . I know it's been a long time.  Yup, it's been awhile.  That's what happens when you have a daughter get engaged, plan a wedding, get married, and have to do it all over again for your brother.  I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Yup, it's been a long time.

Anyway, thought I'd share this little project that I did for a Peachy Keen Challenge.  It's made out of a toilet paper roll and other odds and ends.  Let me explain . . .

I took a toilet paper roll and made about six 1/2 inch cuts on both ends and folded the pieces into the roll.  I did that to shorten it a bit and to give it a more stable base.  Then I cut a piece of black harlequin scrapbook paper (had it a long time so not sure what kind but I think I got it from Hobby Lobby) and wrapped it around the roll.  I then made random cuts in the top piece to make the edges look raggedy.  Then I wrapped some baker's twine in red cherry several times around the top piece and tied it into a bow.  Next I cut a round piece of red cardstock and adhered it to the bottom.  Then I cut two hearts and their shadows from the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge.  I flipped one of them and layered them on their shadows of red gingham paper. 

Now, the good part!  I used the Corny Faces stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps to stamp the cute faces.  I just love the buck teeth!!!  Anyway, I added some pink chalk to the cheeks and the edges of the white hearts, added faux stitching, and popped them up.  Voila!

Isn't it cute?!  I could use this to give Valentine goodies to special people or just sit it on my shelf and look at it.  Ahhh . . . creativity . . . don't ya just love it?

8 comments:

  1. Super Duper Adorable! I just ordered those faces today! :) Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those faces, they are so funny and playful, cute project :) gl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job i love your little gift package and the faces are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute love those adorable faces

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO super duper cute! And those cornies faces just make me SMILE!!!! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your project is super cute!! I just love the faces on you hearts.. I'm so glad you decided to join us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CUTE!!! I love those Cornie faces!!! I'm SOOOO glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I deeply appreciate your comments. Your comment will be posted after approval to cut down on spammers.