I can't express how excited I am that you found this site, this place - my place.
I hope you get a bit of enjoyment and a smile comes to your face when you read my posts and look at my work. Enjoy -

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Coverage . . .


Like it?  It's my Cricut cover.  I didn't use a premade pattern.  All I used was the mouse pad that came with my Design Studio purchase several years ago.  That formed the the pattern for the end pieces. 

Once I got that cut, I laid a piece of quited fabric over my Cricut to get an idea of how much I would need for the actual cover.  I then stitched the end pieces to the the cover piece, attached quilt binding all around the bottom, and  . . . Voila!  A Cricut cover.

Then, I took it to my local embroidery shop and had them put my initials in the center.  I REALLY like this font.  It's fun and creative. 

The initials are in lime green and the cover is a deep chocolate brown.  Btw, some of my cartridges are on a floating shelf in the background.  What you see on the right is a homemade ribbon spool.  I took a dowel, a wooden base, and drilled, glued, and painted them.  I use washers in between the spools of ribbon to help them turn easier when pulling off lengths of ribbon.  One of these days, I'll show you what I use to store large spools.  (It's in the closet.)

Hope you like it.  I'll be engaged in creative endeavors this weekend while connecting on a personal level with some peers.  In other words, I'm goin' scrappin'!!!  WOOHOO!  Gotta love it!

I'll be in touch.  See ya . . .

1 comment:

  1. Love you cover, so creative, you have maybe inspired me to create my own!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I deeply appreciate your comments. Your comment will be posted after approval to cut down on spammers.