I can't express how excited I am that you found this site, this place - my place.
I hope you get a bit of enjoyment and a smile comes to your face when you read my posts and look at my work. Enjoy -

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Scraps

Can you tell that I'm on a mission?  I have a TON of scrap paper that I want to use and what better way than to make cards and scrapbook embellishments. 

Today, I'm sharing a card for a friend of my daughter.  I decided that I wanted to add a bit of stitching to it, so I ruffled 1 1/2 inch ribbon and attached it to the card.  Let me give you the recipe first . . .

*card base - scrap patterned paper (as usual, don't know the name) cut at an A2 size
*Cricut cut - number mesh cut at 5x3.75 (Art Philosophy) out of craft paper
*green with brown polka dots ribbon from Hobby Lobby
*scalloped circle (1 3/4 in.) out of craft paper
*circle (1 5/8) out of brown scrap paper (didn't have a big piece)
*circle (1 1/2) out of the reverse side of the card base paper
*CTMH ink in New England Ivy
*birthday stamp set from Creative Time's "All Around Birthdays" stamp set



I cut and folded the card base.  Then I used the reverse side to make a base for the number mesh.  After adhering the mesh to the mat base, I ruffled the ribbon and stitched it on the mesh.  Then I stitched the mat onto the card base.  It may seem like a lot of sewing, but it's really not.

When all the layers were set, I stamped the "Happy Birthday" on the round green piece and adhered that to the other layers for the medalion.  I used pop dots for the medalion in order to raise it above the ruffles of the ribbon.  Otherwise, it may get lost in the dimension of the ruffles.

I hope the recipent likes it.  Can you tell how old she'll be on her next birthday??? teehee

By the way, I took the picture in the laundry room and I think it turned out better than my other ones.  I don't have a light box and haven't gotten around to making one.  I'm beginning to think that I don't need to.  What do you think?

Thanks for looking.  I hope you get inspired and can take something from this to create your own masterpiece.  Gotta love it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I deeply appreciate your comments. Your comment will be posted after approval to cut down on spammers.