I can't express how excited I am that you found this site, this place - my place.
I hope you get a bit of enjoyment and a smile comes to your face when you read my posts and look at my work. Enjoy -

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More 2

Hi, fellow paper people!  Just thought I'd share a project that I worked on this weekend. 

With Easter coming soon, I thought I'd make a couple of "Easter baskets" for my son and his pooch, Doobie.  I'd been dying to try TBBM2 so this was the perfect time!  That first cut was just calling to me, so how could I refuse?

This cartridge is different than the other ones.  You really need to buy the scoring housing to use with this cartridge.  While I've heard of others trying to turn the blade upside down and the housing upside down, using the correct scoring tool works best, in my opinion.

Okay, let me give you some quick tips first.  Put the scoring housing in your machine first, before you load the paper.  Make sure you press the shift key and score the paper first.  I had my scoring "blade" set to 6, pressure = full, and speed = full.  Now, (and this is VERY important) when the scoring is finished, leave the mat alone and change the housing back to the blade housing without moving the carriage.  After you have changed out the housing, THEN press "Load Paper" and the mat will be taken back to the beginning of the paper.  Make sure that the Paper Saver button is NOT on.  It could cause a misalignment of the cut and scoring.



Do you like Doobie's "basket"?  I plan to put Easter grass inside with dog treats.  WARNING: This was cut using "Fit to Page" and put together using two pieces.  It came out to 11 inches on the mat.  I used My Mind's Eye paper titled "Union Square - Home Sweet Home - Collage Paper".  This is double-sided and works very well for this type of project.  For this large box, I cut a piece of chipboard the same size as the bottom of the box and covered it in basic cream-colored cardstock to give some stability to the inside bottom of the box.  I used cream ribbon as a band and cut the puppy and "Yappy Easter" from an older cartridge - Paper Pups.  The tag was cut at 2 1/4 and the dog was cut at 3 3/4.  I used a bit of red satin ribbon to tie around his neck and popped him up.  The "Yappy Easter" was adhered flat to the top section.

My son's "basket" is considerably smaller.  My mom always told me that good things go in small packages, so that's the theory behind his box.  :-)



This double-sided paper is from K&Company Wild Saffron.  I cut it at 5 3/4 and it came out rather small.  (Don't tell my son, but he'll get a Cadbury egg and some $$$).

I used the reverse side to make a band and then used my Martha Stewart button punch to make the button.  I used a Copic marker to color the button and then threaded floss through the button.  I used a pop dot for the button.  (Can I say "button" just one more time?  tee hee)  Gotta love it!


Want to see the difference in size??? I'm still learning how to use my camera, but here's a way to compare the sizes.




Remember, dog biscuits take up a lot of room so Doobie's box has to be bigger, right?  :)))

Hope you like them.  They were a lot of fun to make!  I see myself using this cartridge over and over.  Let me know what you think.  Love to read your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I deeply appreciate your comments. Your comment will be posted after approval to cut down on spammers.